Take a fantastic camel ride into the amazing Maspalomas dunes in south Gran Canaria. Exploring these wonderful landscapes on the back of these friendly creatures is an amazing experience you will never forget.
Camel Ride in Maspalomas
Our camel ride of around 30 minutes, starts at the beautiful Maspalomas lagoon. We will climb up onto the shoulders of these animals with unique features that allow them to perfectly adapt to the hot, dry conditions. Then we are ready to head into the Maspalomas Nature Reserve.
The dunes are also home to an extraordinary ecosystem of diverse species of fauna and flora that flourish in this type of wild and rugged landscape.
The majestic mounds of sand, which over time change position according to the different wind conditions, will make you believe you are in the middle of the Sahara desert. As we proceed on our tour you will discover how the dunes stretch out all the way to the shoreline of the Atlantic. Our route finally comes to an end at the original meeting point.
The Camello Safari & Criadero Camellos Fataga park is open Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 3:30 pm. Camel rides depart every half hour.
Who can participate in this activity?
- Children under 3 years old go free provided they ride with thier parent or guardian.
- The maximum weight to participate in this activity is 110kg (242 pounds).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 70% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 9.50
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
30 minute camel ride.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How many people can ride the same camel?
A - Two people ride the camel at the same time, one on either side of the animal.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Calle Oceanía s/n.