Visit one of the most outstanding conservation gardens on the Balearic Islands with this Ibiza Biotechnological Botanical Garden Tour. Discover all the unique species it houses.
Ibiza Biotechnological Botanical Garden Tour
The IBB is the Ibiza Biotechnological Botanical, a garden dedicated to the conservation of vegetation and the promotion of research. It's currently home to more than 12,000 plants of 120 different species - a botanical paradise!
The guided tour will start in front of the photobioreactor that allows the growth of microalgae. It's a sophisticated device with 200 metres of transparent tubes and a volume of 1200 litres of water. The microalgae, which are used as fertilizer, consume carbon dioxide at a voracious rate. Did you know that this great "appetite" contributes to the cleaning of the atmosphere?
The tour will continue by observing some endemic and some already extinct species. Yes, there are still some specimens in the garden that do not grow anywhere else! We'll also view a replica of a typical Mediterranean salt cellar built, among other materials, with stakes more than 100 years old.
The next stop will be the IBB's atmospheric water generators. You can sample its pure and crystalline water, which hasn't been treated with chemicals such as chlorine or fluorine, nor has it been exposed to toxins, bacteria, viruses or parasites.
We'll follow the route next to the beehives and the lake. Finally, we'll see the centre's extensive collection of bonsai. The tour will last between 30 and 45 minutes.
The IBB is open at the following times:
- Friday and Saturday from 10 am - 7 pm
- Sunday and Public holidays from 10 am to 6 pm
Within these opening hours, you can take the guided tour whenever you want. The last entrance is at 5 pm.
Visit with an audio guide
If you prefer, you can take the tour through the IBB following the explanations of an audio guide in English.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 12 years old||Children under 7 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 7 and 12 years oldUS$ 8.30
Children under 7 years oldFree
30 minutes - 45 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Entrance to the IBB.
English speaking guide.
Atmospheric water tasting.
Small groups, no more than 10 people.
Audio guide in English: € 1.50 (US$ 1.80) per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can I visit with my dog?
A - Yes, as long as it is a small animal and is on a leash.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Road between Ibiza and San Antonio; Kilómetro 7,5.