Can you imagine flying over the Teotihucán Valley? Live through an unforgettable experience, admiring one of the most important Mesoamerican civilisations from above.
Teotihuacán Hot Air Balloon Ride Itinerary
The tour meets first thing in the morning, between 5 and 6 am, to make our way to the take-off point, to take our hot air balloon ride at the calmest moment of the morning. As we wait for the balloon to fill with air we'll enjoy coffee or a snack to fuel up.
Having climbed aboard, and before we begin to float serenely through the air, our certified pilot will explain the details of the trip and some of the most important security measures, enabling you to enjoy the tour in total safety and to the maximum.
The balloon tour will last around an hour, and will fly over the Teotihuacan Valley, enjoying the best views of the most visited archaeological site in Mexico.
From the clouds, we'll get a unique perspective on the "City of the Gods" admiring wonders such as the Sun Pyramid, the Quetzalpápalotl Palace, the "Road of the Dead", "Pyramid of the Moon" and Quetzalcoatl Temple.
To end this fascinating experience, we'll follow worldwide tradition, with a toast and a full buffet breakfast, and all participants will receive a certificate to accredit them as certified hot-air-ballooners!
Afterwards, you will have around 2 hours to visit the Teothiuacán ruins at your own pace, and the tour returns to Mexico City around 2:30 pm.
Afterwards, you'll have two hours of free time to visit the Teotihuacán ruins at your own pace, with the tour returning to Mexico City around 2:30 pm.
Hot Air Balloon + Teotihuacán Ticket
As well as taking this stunning hot air balloon ride over the Teotihuacán Valley, you can also enjoy the archaeological site once back on solid ground. The best way to save money!
We recommend that you reserve your ride on the first day you have available, and this way if the weather conditions are not good, we have time to reschedule for another day.
The schedule is subject to changes due to weather conditions. Should there be any changes you will be notified 12 hours ahead of time.
- The schedule can be subject to change due to the weather and if there are changes you will be notified with 12 hours notice.
- Should it not be possible to take the flight due to adverse weather conditions, you will receive a refund with 420 pesos discounted for the land transport.
- All our hot air balloons have a capacity for a maximum of 16 people.
- You can also book a Private Hot Air Balloon Flight over Teotihuacán.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 9||under 14|
|1 hour flight||
|1 hour flight + Teotihuacán ticket||
1 hour flight
Children from 4 to 9US$ 108.80
under 14not admitted
1 hour flight + Teotihuacán ticket
Children from 4 to 9US$ 112.30
under 14not admitted
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hour long balloon ride.
Entrance ticket to Teotihuacán (optional)
Extra food and drink.
Guided tour of Teotihuacán.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Mexico City local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Ángel de la Independencia