See the majestic humpback whales as they swim by your side in the sanctuary of the Samaná Bay. You'll also enjoy a magical horse ride through the jungle. Ready?
Whale Watching in Samaná
Between 6 and 6.30 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Punta Cana and head to the Miches port, and once in the dock, we'll embark on a boat to begin our search for humpback whales along Samaná bay.
We'll head to the humpback whale sanctuary area to learn about the behavior of this majestic species. Did you know that they can dive up to a depth of 200 meters? It won't take long to watch them come to the surface performing elegant and acrobatic spins or tuning courting songs of the humpback whales looking for a mate.
Then, we'll set course again to Samaná and hop off the boat to head to a traditional house to learn all about the process of making the delicious coffee and cocoa of the Dominican Republic, considered some of the best in the world.
After this visit, we'll go to a farm where we can ride horses to tour through the jungle. On this adventure, we'll discover the endemic species of the area and we will see the impressive El Limón waterfall, a 50-meter high waterfall with turquoise pools of water. Anyone feeling hot? You can jump into the water for a swim to get refreshed.
Once we finish our intrepid horse ride, we'll head back to Samaná once more to enjoy a buffet lunch comprised of fish, rice, and beans.
With our energy stores refilled, we'll visit the paradisiacal islet of Cayo Levantado. In this idyllic place, we will have a delicious piña colada while admiring the tropical waters.
Lastly we'll head back to Punta Cana. The arrival at your hotel is scheduled between 7 and 7.30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 10||Children under 4|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 4 to 10US$ 65
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Whale watching cruise.
Breakfast and buffet lunch in Cayo Levantado.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.