Embark on a full-day trip to the ancient ruins of Chichén Itzá, one of the most popular sites in Mexico, and enjoy the sun rising on the stunning monuments.
Chichén Itzá Day Trip
First thing in the morning we'll pick you up from one of the meeting points to make our way to the interior of the Yucatán peninsula.
The journey takes around two hours, after which we arrive at our destination: the Mayan Chichén Itzá complex, where we'll enjoy a guided tour.
Perhaps the most impressive monument in the complex is the Kukulcán pyramid, where the dawn light captures the impressive monument known as 'the castle' at its best. In its day it performed a mystical function, and the tour will dive into the secrets of the pyramid and its long, storied link with Mayan astronomy.
The Mayan 'football stadium' can be found next to the pyramid, although in reality likely it matched football only in the passion with which it was played: The Mesoamerican ballgame was a sacred indigenous sport which it is theorised was used as a proxy for war, and had links to human sacrifice. Then the tour will visit the warrior temple, one of the most striking buildings in the area thanks to its forest of columns.
Having taken a look at the rest of the monuments in the area, we'll enjoy a delicious buffet lunch, before heading back to the meeting points in Cancún, making a quick rest break on the journey back.
The trip includes pick up from the following meeting points at the indicated times:
- 4 am: bus stop at the Villas el Rey Go Mart supermarket, in front of the Crown Paradise Club Cancun Hotel.
- 4:15 am: bus stop at the Beach Palace ® All Inclusive Resort Hotel.
- 4:40 am: bus stop at the Presidente Intercontinental Cancun Resort Hotel.
- 4:50 am: bus stop at the hotel Holiday Inn Las Perlas.
- 5:10 am: bus stop at the Crazy Hot Coyote restaurant-club.
You can also reserve this tour with pick up from Riviera Maya.
If you choose the option for Mexican citizens, on the day of the tour you must present your Mexican Identification document.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 40.10
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line access to the archaeological site.
Fee for non
Mexican citizens: 453 MXN (US$ 22.50). Fee for Mexican citizens 157 MXN (US$ 7.80).
Fee for the use of mobile devices in Chichén Itzá: 45 MXN (US$ 2.20).
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How can I pay the Chichen Itza non-Mexican citizen fee?
A - By card on the day of the tour, or via PayPal by email beforehand.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.